Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 6, 2013

#22 A Healthy Lifestyle Is A Goal In Itself

Welcome to the Cleanse & Fitness home remedy detox program #22 :-)


Always drink plenty of water (if you can't drink a gallon a day, then stay hydrated to avoid being thirsty)

1) my new liver detox (ph balancer) on an empty stomach first thing when i wake up: in a cup, put 1 tsp of baking soda, 1 tsp of organic molasses, 1 cup of water (or alkaline water). Mix it all up & drink up. Then tomorrow I will mix alkaline drinking water, 1/2 tsp baking soda, & 1/2 squeezed 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper & drink it up. So I'll alternate my liver ph balancers by one day doing the molasses mix & the other doing it with the lemon & cayenne pepper mix
First thing in the morning I checked my PH level and the strip came out super dark meaning that my alkaline level is right on. 

This strip is telling me that my alkaline level is good. PH balanced to the max. That's because I've been following a strict diet (for myself), with no food nor calorie deprivation, been eating just raw, lightly cooked veggies & fruits. All organic & mostly greens (raw).
Why do we need to have our bodies well alkalized? 

SO WHAT IS pH?

In general, our body must maintain a near perfect pH balance. It's critical to the maintenance of good health. The symbol 'pH' is used to represent the acidity or alkalinity level. pH stands for 'potential for hydrogen'. Anything from 0-6.9 is acid and from 7-14 is alkaline. Essentially every function of the body is dependent on our bodies maintaining a precisely balanced pH in the blood, and other critical bodily systems. One of the key systems, for example, is the enzyme system. The enzyme system, as well as the electrical functions of our body, is dependent on electrolytes. Electrolyte levels are dependent on pH. This would indicate that without proper pH levels, it should be difficult for the cells to incorporate the necessary nutrients and energy for good health (making it super hard to either lose weight or get healthy if that should be your goal for now). This could lead to the cell weakening, which could lead to weakened tissue and ; then, to the organs themselves malfunctioning. This becomes even more serious as the body's systems are affected, often times, leaving the body open to 'invaders' of all types (making easy for diaease/illness to station themselves to live in your body. It has been stated that poor health most often begins after out pH balance is impacted due to a deficiency of minerals, especially electrolyte minerals like sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, lithium, and phosphorus. So in order for this program to work in detoxifying our bodies, it it crucial that our ph levels are of good alkaline. 

2) breakfast: all organic gluten free oatmeal, quinoa, almonds, walnuts, pecans, blueberries, goji berries - added hot water & almond milk. Delish :-)

3) Workout: not sure if my resting day will be today or tomorrow. Haven't made up my mind. Anyhow, while I'm thinking about it. I'm gonna start making that organic pizza I said I was gonna do. I'm actually super excited :-)

4) Pizza Ingredients (the cauliflower is baking in the oven as i'm gonna use it as a mash potato alternate. I'm gonna mash the cauliflower & mix it with the dough)

This is the cauliflower all grounded up which will be mixed with the brown rice flour

I grounded the organic gluten free oatmeal, now i'm gonna add some quinoa & ground that as well

This is the tomatoe sauce that will go on the pizza: tomatoes, onions, garlic, sea or himalayan salt, tsp of xtra vir olive oil
(I didn't end up using the mashed cauliflower, but now you know that you can use it for another dish to substitute mash potatoes :-) I also didn't end up using the organic butter. Instead I used xtra virg olive oil.

In the toaster oven.
This is how i prepared the pizza dough.
Ingredients -
1-1/2 cup of rice flour
2 tbsp of greek yogurt
1 tbsp sugar or honey
1 tbsp baking powder (make sure it has no Alluminium/allumini
3/4 sea or himalayan salt
1 tsp xanthan gum
2-1/4 tsp of baking soda & lemon juice (this is so that the baking soda reacts to an acid to cause carbon dioxide to make the dough rise when being cooked in the oven. This combo would be the yeast substitute)
1 cup of warm water
2 tbsp of olive oil (in the dough)
2 tbsp of olive oil (for pan)
Gluten-free pizza recipe blend:
* Put dry ingredients (except the the baking soda & lemon juice mix) in a mixung bowl. Mix until thoroughly blended
* Place warm water, olive oil, baking soda & lemon juice mix in a cup to mix all together then add it to the dry mix (stir it).
* mix it with an electric hand mixer (don't do by hand otherwise it won't mix that good)
You can leave it out at room temperature for an hour or leave it in the fridge for 5 hours, or you can cover the bowl & let the dough rest for 30 minutes or so (depending if you have enough time)
* Preheat the oven 425•F
* Drizzle 2 tbsp of xtra virg olive oil to the center of the baking pan/sheet
* Put the ball of dough into the puddle of oilve oil.
* Start at the center, with wet/oiled fingers, & work outwards, pressing towads the edges of the pan
* Let dough rest, uncovered, 15 min
* Bake dough for 8 to 10 min, or until it's set (surface will look opaque)
* Remove from oven & top with fresh organic raw ingredients. I used:
- I first spread the homemade tomato sauce over the dough then on top I added
- organic mozzarella (this is the only dairy I used. I bought this cheese from Herbies health food store. I trust their choice of organic mozzarella cheese as they have been around for 40 yeara now)
- basil
- kale
- spinach
- red onion
* Once topped with all fresh ingredients, return to oven & bake it all together for 10 to 15 minutes (depends of the toppings)
* Remove from the oven, & serve it warm.
= the only dairy in this pizza was the organic mozzarela cheese. everything else was made from scratch.
Here's a picture. As you can see, couldn't wait and munched on some right away (the taste tester & me)
Then later on I had some organic ice green tea. I left my tea bags in the hot water for a long time because i like my green tea strong. Especially when it's organic :-)
Lunch was yummy with that pizza, but now time for dinner
Dinner was a large green drink (later on i'll have some raw snacks)
On the nutri-bullet
* kale
* spinach
* paraley
* 1/2 green apple
* palm size blueberries & three rasberries
* tbsp of grounded chia seeds
* 1/2 tsp of powdered wheat grass & spirulina
* 1 scoop of gluten free vanilla protein powder
- blend & drink up :-)
Going all out with continuing to eat healthy, detoxifying, and respecting the biggest organ in the body which is the skin. Here you see a filter that alkalizes the water. If we're gonna clean this body from the outside, the outside matters just as much because the skin easily absorbs anything you put on it
A lil late night snack. I got the urge to workout a lil, then i got hungry & made a green drink

My workout?
I'm actually stayed home & cameup with a new routine to teach for monday's pilates class at equinox pasadena. Those 37 members are super motivated & seem to like what I bring to the plate (which is something different everytime :-). 
So my workout was executing the workouts i will have ready for monday's class :-)

Why don't you get your workouts & mealplans into your busy schedule?  

Your training sessions will always be confidential & private. Subscribe to my newsletter so that you'll be the first one to be notified with it launches, as we're tuning up some things here (technical tune-ups that is. software installing & learning, but almost sponging it all). 

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

No comments:

Post a Comment