Thursday, June 20, 2013
#7 A Healthy Lifestyle Is A Goal In Itself
Welcome to the Cleanse & Fitness home remedy detox program #7 :-)
Always drink plenty of water (if you can't drink a gallon a day, then stay hydrated to avoid being thirsty)
Hi there, I was reading an article about how the general average american eats only 5 percent vegetables and fruit, another 5 percent depend only on starches (i.e. potatoes) , 30 percent eat non-organic animal products, & the other 60 percent eats processed goods (90 percent of which have genetically modified organisms -GMO's).
I don't have to put it any other way, that the less greens (raw vegetables and fruits) that your body eats, the more prone you are to diseases & ailments like auto-immune disorders like cancer, alopecia (which is what i have & that's one of the main reasons i can't cheat on what i put in this mouth anymore), lupus, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, and there are more than 80 auto-immune diseases. These diseases can be corrected with a simple little change. Your diet.
Phyto-nutrients (found in dark green leafy vegetables and all green vegetables) are medicine to fighting a lot of the chronic diseases that americans have.
Almost all disease that exist is caused by mal-nutrition (processed foods - packaged/canned, non-organic meats, etc).
Other health issues caused by the typical american diet is being over-weight or obesity. What happens is that when you eat processed foods, the body gets inflamed because it's a sign of an allergic reaction? An allergy is a disorder of hypersensitivity of the immune system. So the result are an inflammatory response which can vary from uncomfortable to dangerous. Ever wonder why you get bloated after eating some canned food, or a meal that came from a package, or from a meal your mom made used from unnatural & un-fresh ingredients. When you get bloated, that's an allergic reaction, and that's the beginning if not continual sign of disease already there or disease to come.
If you are planning to have children, change your diet to a healthy one so that you don't pass on a disease cause by your not-so-wise eating habits. Or if you already have children and are starting to educate yourself on eating healthy & exercising, encourage & educate your kids to follow in those healthy habits.
Anyhow, this is how my day went & it's not over yet.
1) drank my liver cleanser (glass of water, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 4 shakes into the water of cayenne pepper.
2) breakfast: green salad with parsley, kale, beets, garlic, green olives, bitter flower peddles, squeezed lemon & 1 table spoon of xtra virgin olive oil.
3) snack: green drink (spinach, kale, celery, carrots, apple, banana, blueberries, quinoa, chia seeds, flax seeds, chlorophyll, bee pollen, wheat grass, green powder, protein powder, coconut oil, egg white, almond milk, Carnitine, glutamine, pumpkin seed, parsley, strawberries.
4) rehearsed flamenco
5) snacked on raw seaweed with brown rice
6) green drink again
7) later on had another green drink & had some romain lettuce wraps (stuffing had: hummus, garlic, avocado, baked sweet potato).
8) nap time was nice
9) think i'll go take my co-workers latin jam workout class (also has resistance training fused with latin dance jams. This was my class, but after a while, I passed it on to her because she had always wanted to teach so why not let her take over. She's great at it ;-). I'm gonna get my lil sweet sweat on :-).
In this picture, I'm at the farmer's market getting my ruffage on :-)
Check out this link here about auto-immune disease. Also, know that most doctor M.D. training doesn't come with a knowledge of nutrition studies: