Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 7, 2014

#39 A Healthy Lifestyle Is A Goal In Itself

#39 A Healthy Lifestyle Is A Goal In Itself

nutrition,Fitness,mind-body,weight loss,flamenco

Welcome to the Cleanse and Fitness home remedy detox program #39 :-)


You can also join me on Instagram. I'm under flamencex.

Always drink plenty of water (if you can't drink a gallon a day, then stay hydrated to avoid being thirsty - remember, when you become thirsty, that means you're not drinking enough water).

Please let your friends know about this blog :-)

1) My day begins:
On an empty, drink this liver detoxifier in order to jump start your metabolism & PH balancer. The taste isn't bad at all. I'm already used to it. This mixture not only starts to get out all the yuckies you've put your body thru, but it alkalizes your ph level (first thing in the morning when you wake up on an empty stomach).
One cup of filtered water
One tsp of baking soda (bicarbonate)
One or 1/2 organic lemon
One tsp of organic molasses
One or two sprinkles of cayenne pepper powder
Two tsp of Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar

Also, I started adding cinnamon - about half tsp cinnamon powder

AND I HAVE ALSO STARTED GRATING A BIT IF GINGER INTO THIS TONIC :-)
(please google the benefit of all these ingredients)

Check out my tostada. 
You can use an organic corn tortilla or organic gluten-free rice tortilla.
Health Food Stores to find these tortillas:
Sprouts & Wholefoods and also at Herbies Health Food Store in Whittier CA.

~Hard-shelling the tortilla:
Put it in the oven until it gets stiff or over the grill until it gets stuff. Then real fast, put it in the freezer for one minute. Now it's a hard shell tortilla for a tostada.

~Topping ingredients:
White beans (you can make a pot of beans, then blend them in the blender to make healthy refried beans without frying them).
~Chopped tomatoes
~Guacamole
~Red onions
~And an awesome salsa of your choice. This one here is made with small red chillies & heirloom orange tomatoes (the pasty orange sauce on this tostada. No dairy added, just looks dairy-ish because we pressed 'whip' on the blender. 

THIS TOSTADA HERE IS A GREAT LUNCH MEAL. SO DELICIOUS THAT TWO IS ENOUGH. IF YOU'RE ON S PORTION CONTROLLED DIET, TWO OF THESE SUCKERS IS ENOUGH TO FILL YOU UP. 

My 30 day 'get fit challenge' starts tomorrow Monday September 8th.
I'm on a strict portion controlled diet. I'm not depriving myself though, all I need to do is eat less calories than I burn and sufficient calories to feed the muscle, you know? 

I go on a Fat-Burning walk tomorrow morning (it's a 50 minute walk in the morning as soon as you wake up on an empty stomach. take drinking water for this walk, okay?), then I'll do a little strength training (barre & some calisthenics which is fused with Pilates using my own body weight & some free weights to tear those fibers. 
Then in the evening, I'll be teaching two classes: cardio kick boxing then the next class I'll be teaching a cardio dance class (at Total Woman Gym & Spa in Glendale CA). 

Listen, I pace myself physically. Tomorrow is a tough day because I'm working out in the morning (strength training), then I teach two cardio classes in the evening. I usually teach only one, but I'm covering the second class for someone. So my calorie intake tomorrow may be about between 1400 to 1600 for Monday only because I'm gonna need than energy, so therefore I know I'll be burning more calories than I eat. So that caloric portion is sufficient enough, at least for my body, to use as fuel and be able to go about my day, you know? I won't go hungry, my meals for Monday are already prepped up which includes healthy energy packing snacks.
THAT'S MY WORKOUT FOR MONDAY 9/8/14, OK? 
SO ONLY DO WHAT YOUR BODY CAN HANDLE!
PLEASE YOUR WORKOUT WITH US!

  • Why is Belly-fat dangerous and carries a deep health risk?

Belly fat is dangerous because it surrounds the vital organs, putting pressure on them and starving them of oxygen.  By turning fat into muscle (exercising and eating healthy through a caloric portion control meal plan), more blood flow reaches the internal organs.  



CLICK HERE, CHECK OUT THIS INTERESTING ARTICLE BY HARVARD MEDICAL SCHOOL ABOUT THE DANGERS & HEALTH RISKS OF BELLY FAT (don't forget to come back and finish checking out Blogg #39, okay?:
http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/Abdominal-fat-and-what-to-do-about-it.htm

-------------------------------------------

Here are some images you can use to tone up you arms. 
~Push-ups with Medicine Ball
~Bicep Curls
~Tricep Kickbacks
~Regular push-ups (if you don't want to use the medicine ball which is much more difficult. You can also be on your knees as opposed to on your feet, but make sure that spine is straight as a stick whether it's from the crown of your head to your feet or to your knees)
~Tricep dips (another way to flare up those Tricep, ladies). We don't want the skin to sag when we're on a portion controlled diet and working out. We want the elasticity of our skin to tighten up into the muscle as we're losing fat. 
~Bench Press
~Lateral raises
~This one as if you were going to do an over head shoulder press, but instead you keep your elbows at 90 degrees and simply close & open. 
~Shoulder press
~Front arm raises.

Next blogg, #40, I 'll post other exercises for other parts of the body, okay? 

In the meantime, just know that I personally train folks in SilverLake/Echo Park Area (north-eastern L.A. CA), Glendale CA, and Malibu. 
So if you have a specific goal, hit me up and let's make your dream come true. 

One on one training sessions:
http://RocioPonce.com/pages/instructions
~Aside from eating natural, unprocessed foods, these are some of the supplements I'm taking:
Calm by Natural Vitality is a magnesium mineral supplement in powder. I've been taking this stuff for a couple of years now.
It's water soluble and tastes yummy. 
Magnesium is important to help ease stress, relaxes the muscles & promotes good blood circulation.
When we workout, energy is always present (aka ATP or adenosine triphosphate)  as magnesium.
So when you drink this stuff, it provides stability for your energy (ATP) when you're having a rigorous workout. 
It helps with the prevention of muscle cramps & spasms. And sweat losses of magnesium increases as in the duration of your workout. 
Magnesium helps with muscle recovery faster in order for your muscle to be able to support a healthy metabolism. 
Magnesium is an essential nutrient for anyone with a sweat-drenching goal!

Then there's Conjugated Linoleic Acid. 
What the hell is that? you ask. Right?
CLA works on a cellular level (the CLA Tonalin you see in the picture below next to the Calm plastice jar). 
The compound enters the fat cells and destroys the triglycerides that cause you to put on weight and turns them into lean muscle mass. Research shows that CLA helps target belly fat, which is dangerous because it surrounds the vital organs, putting pressure on them and starving them of oxygen. By turning the fat into muscle, more blood flow reaches the internal organs. The storage of fat is then inhibited by CLA, so those on weight loss diets find that the weight is easy to keep off.  But mostly, CLA makes sure you get sufficient oxygen to the muscle so that the muscle can tone up while boosting your metabolism to burn fat.  
You gotta make sure you see your muscle. 

And last but not least, here's a fun zucchini spaghetti dish with chicken. 
I used a the 'Vegetti Spiral Vegetable Slicer/Cutter' to turn my zucchini into spaghetti noodles (you can get the vegetti at Target or google it).
I don't even cook the zucchini.
I make marinara sauce with yummy tomatoes and vegetables. 
I pour the hot marinara ore the zucchini on a plate and the zucchini gets soft and cooked from the marinara got temperature itself. 
Then I add the chicken which I broiled in a the 'NuWave oven' (google it). It's an infrared powered oven that combines conduction & convection. Meaning that it's a fusion of broiling, roast, grill, bake or bar-be-cue your food (whether it's veggies, chicken, beef, etc). So te food is actually yummy & juicy. And that's how I cooked the chicken that I added to my zucchini spaghetti. It was a delicious din din. 
Yummers!!! 

Tip:
  • When you eat, put your food on a small plate (use a small plate). Why? Because if you use a big plate, then you're gonna overflow with unnecessary extra calories. Remember, you want to eat to satisfaction and not where you have to unbutton your pants. Capeesh?
  • Try eating standing up. Why? because when you're sitting down, your stomach expands and you really don't feel when you're getting full. When you're standing, it's easier for your brain & body to distinguish when you're getting full. 
  • Also, don't eat while you're watching T.V. Why? Because when you're watching tele while eating, you're not focusing on the amount that you're eating.  You lose focus and might over flow your stomach with unnecessary extra stuff.  You want to be conscience about every bite you take so that you don't get carried away.  You know how it is when you watch t.v. and eat. You don't realize how much you've eaten, right? 


See you all on blogg #40.
If you have any requests on anything in which you'd like for me to put here on this blogg whether it be clean eating food, workouts, etcetera, just ask away and I will try my best to include it in the next blogg, okay? 

Have a great week!
/////////////////////////









No comments:

Post a Comment